26 Fri - 4.3 continued
25 Thu -Students will prove triangles congruent using SSS, SAS and ASA.
- 4.3 Congruent Triangles
- 4.3 hmwk due Mon
24 Wed - 4.2 continued
23 Tue - The objective is to prove the triangle sum theorem.
- 4.2 Angles of Triangles
- 4.2 hmwk due Fri
22 Mon - Students will understand the characteristics of congruent triangles.
- 4.1 Congruent Triangles
- 4.1 hmwk due Wed
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________19 Fri - Ch. 3 Test
18 Thu - Ch. 3 Review (if necessary)
17 Wed - Ch. 3 Review
16 Tue - Students will find the distance between two parallel lines.
- 3.6 Perpendiculars and distance
- one practice problem Tuesday and one Wednesday
15 Mon - Students will show lines are parallel given some congruent angles formed by a transversal of two lines.
- 3.5 finish examples, hmwk due Tue
12 Fri - Students will show lines are parallel given some congruent angles formed by a transversal of two lines.
- 3.5 Proving Lines Parallel
- 3.5 hmwk due Tue
11 Thu - Students will practice finding slope of inclines on the premises. They will use string, a tape measure, and a line level.
- practice of slope and writing equations of lines
- Slope Activity - due Mon (NOT FOR 5TH HOUR)
- share w/ email@example.com
- should have 3 measurements, last names, hours, date
10 Wed - Students will practice writing equations of lines. They will also use rate of change to write equations for real-life situations.
- 3.4 Equations of Lines
- 3.3 and 3.4 hmwk due Thu (only do problem numbers listed in parentheses at top of each section.)
09 Tue - Students will use slope to predict future values.
- 3.3 Slopes of Lines
- 3.3 and 3.4 hmwk due Thu
08 Mon - no student attendance
- Columbus Day
05 Fri - no student attendance
- Parent/Teacher conferences 8:00-12:00
04 Thu - ALICE Drill
- 11:30 Dismissal
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:30 - 8:00
03 Wed - finish 3.2
- 3.2 hmwk due Tuesday
02 Tue - When a transversal crosses parallel lines the special angle pairs take on special properties. Students will learn those properties and prove additional outcomes about parallel lines being intersected by a transversal and the angle pairs created.
- 3.2 Angles and Parallel Lines
- 3.2 hmwk dueTuesday
01 Mon - Students will learn the meaning of a transversal as it relates to a pair of lines. They will then learn about special angle pairs that exist as a result of the transversal.
- 3.1 Parallel Lines and Transversals
- 3.1 hmwk due Tuesday
28 Fri - Students will learn about special angle pairs formed when two lines are cut by a 3rd (transversal).
- 3.1 classwork
- Create Your Own Geometry project due today
27 Thu - Ch. 2 Test
26 Wed - Students will review for Ch. 2 Test (Reasoning and Proof)
- Ch. 2 Study Guide
- 2:30 dismissal
25 Tue - Students will practice proofs involving angle relationships.
- work on 2.8 hmwk
- work on Create Your Own Geometry project
24 Mon - Students will provide supporting statements to prove angle relationships.
- 2.8 Proving Angles Congruent
- 2.8 hmwk due Wednesday (there will be some time in class Tuesday)
- 2:30 Class Games
- Ch. Test Thursday 9/26
21 Fri - Students will practice proofs about segments and work on the Create Geometry project.
- Create Your Own Geometry project due Fri 9/28
20 Thu - Students will provide supporting statements to prove segments congruent.
- 2.7 Proving Segments Congruent
- 2.7 hmwk due Monday
19 Wed - Students will practice providing supporting statements for the steps in solving equations.
- 2.6 Algebraic Proofs
- 2.6 hmwk due Friday
18 Tue - Students will show segments are congruent and refocus on the definitions of midpoint and congruent segments.
- finish 2.5 (hmwk due Thursday)
- work on 2.5 hmwk and Create Your Own Geometry
17 Mon - Students will write a logical argument with supporting reasons to validate a mathematical assertion.
- 2.5 Postulates and Paragraph Proofs
- 2.5 hmwk due Wednesday
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________14 Fri - Students will begin work on the Create Your Own Geometry project. They will use the Laws of Detachment and Syllogism to reason logically to a desired conclusion.
- 2.4 Finish notes
- 2.4 hmwk due Monday
- Create Your Own Geometry due Wednesday 09/26
13 Thu - Students will apply the Law of Syllogism and the Law of Detachment, if applicable, to arrive at a conclusion.
- 2.4 Deductive Reasoning
- watch one of the YouTube videos for section 2.4
- 2.4 hmwk due Monday
12 Wed - Students will use conditional statements to form a story. There are branching statements which lead to a conclusion other than what is desired.
- 2.3 Conditional Statements
- watch the YouTube video for section 2.3
- 2.3 hmwk due Thursday
11 Tue - The objective is to complete truth tables and apply logic to a set of statements and evaluate statements as true/false.
- 2.2 Logic (part 2 of 2)
- 2.2 hmwk due Wednesday
10 Mon - Students will understand grading process for Geometry tests. They will learn about Venn diagrams and statements as they are used in logical arguments.
- 2.2 Logic (part 1 of a 2-day lesson)
- 2.2 hmwk due Wednesday
7 Fri - Students will learn about conjectures and counterexamples. We will discuss educated guesses and inductive reasoning.
- 2.1 Inductive Reasoning and Conjecture
- 2.1 hmwk due Tue
6 Thu - Test
- Chapter 1 - Tools of Geometry
5 Wed - Chapter 1 Review
- Ch. 1 Test Thursday
4 Tue - Constructions
- grade 1.6 homework
- practice constructions with compass and straightedge
3 Mon - Labor Day - No School
31 Fri - At the end of the day students will know how to do the first basic constructions with compass and straightedge: copy segment, copy angle, perpendicular bisector, angle bisector
30 Thu - Students will determine area and perimeter of plane figures such as circles, rectangles, and triangles.
- 1.6 Two-Dimensional Figures
- 1.6 hmwk due Tuesday
29 Wed - Students will learn and apply knowledge of special angle pairs: linear, vertical, supplementary, complementary, adjacent, straight. This will build upon the angle concepts introduced in section 1.4.
- This is a 2:30 dismissal day...check the schedule.
- 1.5 Angle Relationships
- 1.5 hmwk due Thursday
28 Tue - Students will be able to name and classify angles as well as using proper notation. They will be introduced to the Angle Addition Postulate.
- 1.4 Angle Measure notes
27 Mon - At the end of the day you will be able to find the distance between two points and find the midpoint between them.
- 1.3 Distance and Midpoints
- 1.3 hmwk due Tuesday
24 Fri - Students will complete a group activity to practice measurement precision, draw plane figures and sum consecutive integers.
23 Thu - At the end of the day you will understand how precise a measurement is when given to you. In addition, you will give measurements of a particular precision. The Segment Addition Postulate is introduced.
- 1.2 Linear Measure and Precision lesson
- 1.2 hmwk due today
22 Wed - Student Growth - pretest
21 Tue - Student Growth - pretest
20 Mon - At the end of the day you will know how to navigate the GlassGeometry Website and find a pattern in counting.
- 1.1 continued - 1.1 hmwk due today
- counting problem with points and lines
- introduction to GlassGeometry Weebly website
17 Fri - At the end of the day you will know how to solve simple logic puzzles and you will learn the terminology and notation for the building blocks of plane geometry.
- 1.1 Points, Lines and Planes
- undefined terms of Geometry
- introductory nonograms
- 1.1 homework assignment (due Monday)